ZEUS - Zero Emission off peak Urban distributionS
Zeus is a consortium project led by EIT with ITRL participating in the research aspects connected to traffic & noise simulation and modelling, as well as business model analysis.
Zeus is a European initiative that aims at developing a concept of off-peak freight delivery, to significantly reduce noise, harmful emission, and congestion caused by heavy vehicles during day time.
The aim is to demonstrate different use cases for zero emission (clean and silent) technology for urban freight while developing a framework for policy and business for off-peak urban freight delivery. Based on the use cases, models will be built to study upscaling scenarios as well as system level impacts in different city regions.
- How can we evaluate the impact of scaled-up off-peak deliveries?
- How can we aid the decision making of stakeholders?
- How is the business model of the transport buyer affected?
ITRL is leading the evaluation tasks of the project related to:
- Traffic simulation and modelling to analyze the traffic peak times
- Noise simulation and modelling to analyse the operation noise and ambient noise
- Analyzing business models to ensure the creation and delivery of value for the off-peak concept.
These tasks are performed in collaboration with a range of actors from the ZEUS consortium.
One concrete output of the ZEUS project is guidelines for the cities for the evaluating the conditions for suitable night-time deliveries. A significant impact of the ZEUS project is that the participants from the City of Stockholm are considering new guidelines for night-time deliveries.