SEAMLESS: Systematic Evaluations and Assessments of MaaS – Leading towards Sustainable Solutions - uses an evaluation framework developed within the KOMPIS project to assess environmental, economic and social impacts at three levels – micro (traveller), meso (organisation) and macro (city, region, country).
Via quantitative and qualitative analyses of data from different types of MaaS pilots, SEAMLESS will explore how and to what extent MaaS leads to, for example, changed travel behaviour, better accessibility, reduced emissions, increased energy efficiency and financially sustainable business opportunities, generating knowledge that can inform decision-making within both public organisations and among service developers. We expect the project to deliver results that assist Sweden in maintaining its position among the global pioneers of MaaS developments.
How will this be achieved?
The project will deliver a systematic evaluation and assessment of MaaS based on three levels of analysis:
1. A micro level that focuses on different types individual travellers;
2. A meso level that focuses on organisations who develop MaaS services;
3. A macro level that focuses on cities, regions and nations;
It will also explore the systheses between these levels.
SEAMLESS will generate knowledge on the way in which MaaS can:
- Reduce transport emissions (CO2, particulate emissions, VOCs);
- Improve the energy efficiency (kWh per km) of the transport system;
- Improve accessibility to transport and to societal services (as perceived by MaaS pilot users);
- Improve travellers’ satisfaction with transportation solutions (as perceived by MaaS pilot users);
- Stimulate changes in travel behaviour and modal shifts;
- Be translated into sustainable business and innovation opportunities;
- Contribute to innovation and economic growth.
For more information:
For more information, please contact the project leader Mia Xiaoyun Zhao .
RISE, Chalmers University of Technology, KTH, Göteborgs stads parkeringsaktiebolag, Lindholmen Science Park AB, Move About AB, Region Skåne, Smartresenär i Sverige AB, Storstockholms Lokaltrafik, Svenska Taxiförbundet, Trafikverket, UbiGo Innovation AB, Västra Götalands läns landsting, Berkeley Universitetet of California